Pallet Inverters : Safety Tips to Never Forget
Pallets help shipping workers every single day. They help bulk shipments of goods get where they’re going more efficiently. However, sometimes the shipment of goods needs to switch from a wooden pallet to a plastic pallet for more permanent storage. In addition, the goods may need turning to prevent the materials inside the shipment from settling. In this instance, a pallet inverter saves the day.
What Is A Pallet Inverter?
A pallet inverter is a machine that is used to turn over pallets whilst still loaded with products. To repeat a bit, pallet turning helps transfer products to a new pallet, to turn the pallet to prevent contents from settling, or even to just replace a broken pallet.
Why Are Pallet Inverters Beneficial?
- To prevent injuries and accidents.
- To increase the efficiency.
- To cut costs dramatically.
- To adjust loads of all shapes and sizes.
- To increase the number of pallets handled per hour.
What Are Some Safety Tips to Keep in Mind?
- Remember Your Training
- You should always be familiar with pallet inverter before operating. Keep in mind what you were taught and don’t take short cuts while operating.
- Train Everyone in the Shop
- It may be hard to find the time to train everyone in the shop on how to use a pallet inverter. However, in the long run, it’s much better to have everyone know how to operate it than for an inexperienced person to have to use it alone just to save
- Schedule Regular Maintenance
- Regular maintenance is the best way to ensure you pallet inverter is always reliable and operational.
- Report Any Problems
- If the machine isn’t working perfectly, you should always let the next operator know and make a note to schedule maintenance ASAP.
You should always stay on the safe side when operating heavy machines with large loads. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) may not be coming in for an inspection, but they could at any moment, unannounced.
In addition, everybody benefits from a safer workplace. People want to be happy and feel safe at work, and following these safety tips can certainly help.
Contact Lange-Lift Today!
Lange-Lift makes the best pallet inverters in the industry. We’re agile enough to modify our existing product line to create one-of-a-kind lift products to meet your exact specifications.
Call us today 262-502-0333